ORGANISATION AND ADMINISTRATION
The Association shall consist of district associations as laid down in the bye-laws of the Association.
1. Districts: The districts into which the Association is divided are:
A. Co. Down (including Belfast East of the Lagan)
B. South Antrim (Belfast West of the Lagan, Lisburn, Newtownabbey, Carrickfergus and Whitehead)
C. The rest of Co. Antrim, Co. Londonderry, North Donegal.
D. Co. Armagh, Co. Monaghan.
E. Co. Cavan, Co. Fermanagh, Co. Tyrone, South Donegal.
2. Each member school of the Association shall be a member of its District. Schools can only be a member of the Association by being a member of their District and must be fully committed to the Association as detailed under Membership of the Association.
3. Each District, at an annual meeting of all Secondary Schools in that District, (to which meeting, each school shall be entitled to send two representatives) shall elect:-
(a) District Chairman
(b) District Hon. Treasurer
(c) District Hon. Secretary
In addition to (a, (b) and (c) additional members of the District committee shall be elected as follows:-
(d) three members of committee representing cross-country, one of whom shall represent girls’ athletics;
(e) three members of committee representing track and field, one of whom shall represent girls’ athletics;
(f) three representatives of the district to the Executive who shall, ex-officio, be representatives of the district at the Annual General Meeting and extraordinary general meetings of the USSAA;
(g) seven other representatives of the district to the Annual General Meeting and extraordinary general meetings. (Of the ten district representatives to the Annual General Meeting, four should represent girls’ athletics).
(h) two members who will represent the District on the Ulster Track and Field committee
(i) two members who will represent the District on the Ulster Cross Country committee.
4. Those elected under 3a, b, c, f, h shall constitute the committee of the Association for the district and shall be responsible for the work of the Association in the District.
5. Each district committee shall elect two sub-committees, one to run a district cross-country championships and one to run a track and field championship. The committee shall have power to co-opt to these sub-committees.
6. District committees shall have power to fill any vacancy, which may arise from any cause, in any elected position until the next District meeting.
7. Each district shall submit its accounts and balance sheet to the Hon Treasurer of the Association by 1st October in each year.
8. Competitors in any event promoted by the Association must be pupils in full-time attendance at a Secondary School affiliated to the Association.